Classic cars require the highest level of protection in the event of accidental damage, fire or theft.
Now you can protect your pride and joy with a tailored classic car insurance policy that’s just as unique as your beloved vehicle.
At Nowell & Richards, we appreciate the motoring needs of classic car enthusiasts and can arrange comprehensive cover to suit your driving habits.
Our motoring team has a wealth of expert knowledge and will only recommend the classic car insurance protection that’s most appropriate for your needs.
If you drive multiple vehicles, we can investigate the market as independent advisors to find the highest levels of cover for every car you own.
For impartial advice and expertise, call 01785 255514 – and let our specialist classic car insurance brokers tailor a quote to your on-the-road requirements.
When is a vehicle defined a classic car?
For insurance purposes, a classic car is defined as any vehicle that’s more than 15 years old and worth at least £15,000.
In terms of the car tax exemption, a vehicle that’s more than 40 years old is a classic.
However, most hardened enthusiasts believe a true ‘classic’ should boast a timeless design, nostalgic value, a technological advancement – or all of the above.
What classic car models can we cover?
Bespoke beautiful vehicles often require specialist classic car insurance because of the increased repair costs associated with driving such a unique brand.
Although this level of cover can prove difficult for standard market insurers, Nowell & Richards can offer competitive rates for:
- Veteran Classic Car Insurance – any vehicle made before World War One.
- Vintage Classic Car Insurance – any car manufactured before 1930.
- Post Vintage Classic Car Insurance – Vehicles made between 1930 and 1945.
- Classic Car Insurance - Any desirable vehicle that is no longer made.
If you’re still unsure whether your model is a classic, call 01785 255514 for an insurance quote tailored to your needs.
The benefits of classic car insurance
- Multi-car discount gives you better economies of scale
- More vehicles + fewer drivers = greater savings
- Complete flexibility – Increase excess for lower premium
- Easy payments – one policy and one premium
- Personal injury cover for passengers
- Drive any vehicle at any time
- Business use can be included
- Add more vehicles at later date
Why choose us?
No matter what vintage vehicle you drive, we don’t believe an ‘off-the-shelf’ classic car insurance policy is the right strategy for you.
At Nowell & Richards, we take time to listen to your lifestyle and understand your driving habits. We scour the market as independent advisors and tailor a personalised insurance solution that’s unique to you.
Trusted as a specialist classic car insurance broker since 1976, we use our expertise to recommend only the UK’s finest insurance underwriters.
From quotation to claim, you’ll always be in safe hands.
- We understand that privacy and confidentiality is paramount
- We continually monitor the market and act as trusted advisors
- We offer an advice-led approach, not a price-led approach
- We have billions of pounds worth of assets insured
Features & benefits
Every classic car insurance policy we issue is 100% tailored to your lifestyle and driving needs.
Protect your prestige vehicle with N&R and you could enjoy the following benefits*:
- High-value personal injury cover for driver and passengers
- Annual overseas driving cover
- UK and European breakdown cover
- Drive any vehicle at any time
- Business use included
- Suitable cover for personal belongings
*Always consult your Policy’s unique Terms and Conditions for full and exact details of any cover provided.
Making a claim
Should you be involved in an accident, you can relax safe in the knowledge that your tailored N&R policy will provide comprehensive cover.
As well as complete peace of mind, you’ll also benefit from:
- Seamless, fast and efficient claims service
- Enhanced courtesy car – after fault, accident or theft
- Warranty free policy - no clauses to trip you up
If you need to make a claim during office hours, call 01785 255514 or click here for out-of-hours support.
To ensure maximum reliability and help retain your car’s future value, a classic car insurance policy from Nowell & Richards will only use a repairer of your choice.
In the event of a claim, you’ll also benefit from:
- Agreed and extended value cover for total loss
- Use of only manufacturer-approved parts
- Repairs completed by repairer of your choice
- Malicious damage and vandalism costs
- Unlimited windscreen cover